Wonderware v10 ABKF2 I/O server

averellen

All

I am using Wonderware v10.1 and the ABKF2 IO server.
If I address one tag for physical IO like I:13.0 as Tagname Input_13_00 (I:13.0 is a 16 point card 1747-IB16 lets say)
and use the address in a object to change colour like
Input_13_00.00==1 (If True=Red, if False=Green)
Using ABKF2 it doesn't seem to see the state change.
If I use WWRSLinx IO server and map to a RSlinx topic it works as expected.

Anybody have suggestions besides having to buy RSlinx or someother IO server.

Thanks

You can't address to the IO level with a SLC.
In the PLC, copy the IO to a memory register, then read it.

Oakley Thank you

Is it possible to stick to the one tag.
I:13.0 --> N7:13 lets say
Call the tag N_13 mapped to N7:13
Can I use the bit level of that?

Perfect, thanks

Its funny wwRSlinx works fine.

Doing the above what Oakley suggested will prevent a lot of headaches but it is not at all impossible to address the input and output image table of SLC's. WW does this in a bizarre way by remapping the input and output slot number in order of usage. For example, If you have an input card at slot 1, the ww item name is as expected I:1.xx. Now let say you added an output card at slot 2, you would expect O:2.xx but ww actually remaps it to O:1.xx because it's the first output word used. An input card at the 3rd slot would be addressed as I:2.xx, not I:3.xx and so on.

Don't use this method unless you have no choice. I ran across this problem on a project where the PLC program was validated and no changes were allowed so this was what I had to do.

Also immagine the problem you can cause if say you had a spare slot in the middle of the rack and decide to add another input or output card. This will cause all the tags for the slots to the right to be remapped.