Wonderware Intouch V10.1

DennisCotten

I have 2 HMI computers bother running InTouch V10.1. One of the computers is in the MCC with the modicon quantum PLC. The other is a field computer in the office. Both are running identical programs and the MBPLUS, MBENET, and DASMBTCP drivers are all identical. Everything on the MCC computer is working find and good, but in the field computer there are some issues. When opening up the PID control popup, the PID tag and the output populate correctly, but nothing else does. The PV, CV, and Setpoint don't work at all. I'm fairly new with wonderware and modicon. Any suggestions?

Yep, I copied the app directly from the working computer to the other one. Checked access names, and scripts between the two. Everything matches.

yeah, for some reason every single PID, every other data point works great. But they all work fine on the MCC computer. I am stumped and so is IT from wonderware. My only thought would be to change the access name from MBPLUS to MBENET or DASMBTCP and read them that way.

Whoever has been out there has done everything their way so only they can deal with it. It is a big mess and I don't really want to change anything. I'm just trying to replace the HMI computers being they are really old and on their death beds. Turned out to me a much bigger problem than anticipated.

Ok, some questions please:
1. Can you post the app, or part of that does the assignments for the PID popup? I have no interest in using any of the information, just helping. You can send me a PM so that it can be emailed instead.
2. You say you have copied the App's from 1 PC to the other?
3. Are they on the same Ethernet network? The standard method is to use the NAD function.
4. The problem as been introduced since replacing the PC's?
5. Are you running IO Servers on each PC, or just the one? I am pretty sure this is irrelevant, but you should only be running 1 at a time, with failover mode if you are licensed for 2.

I have seen something similar before, where the new PC does not perform actions on common objects correctly.
I am pretty sure this is what your problem will be.
This can be fixed by scripting, but some troubleshooting is required on the 2nd PC to see where the issue is.

1. I cannot at the moment, I may be able to send you the script later in a pm.
2. yes, it was a straight across copy.
3. they are on the same ethernet network. MCC ending in .50, office ending in .5, network 192.168.1.** not on the internet.
4. The problem occured before I was out there on the old office computer. A guy had come and done some scada work, and the office computer PID popups never worked after that. The MCC computer has always worked great and from what I know is where the InTouch application was built. I could be wrong though.
5. yes, I copied the IO Servers .CFG file so that they would be identical. Might be a problem polling with more than 1 modbus master?

1. The script & popup would be required.
2. You should be using the NAD function to do the copying.
4. Would start with the NAD copy, but not sure if this will solve it. That they have not worked since work was done is almost a sure sign, can you not get the person back to fix?
5. You should really only have 1x server polling the PLC, then any subsequent notes getting information from the IO server. Modbus as far as I know can only have 1x master. Not 100% about Modbus/TCP though...o_O

I'm not quite sure what the NAD function is. You're right Modbus can only have 1 master, i'm not sure about Modbus + though. The guy who had done it all has quit since then. He built the site many many years ago.

Actually...If you have a NAD configuration or not does not matter with the your communication problem.
I don't think you have to worry about NAD yet. (It mainly makes it easier to develop and distribute an application that is used on more than 1 pc.)

Turn off Windows Firewall first...you can try turning it back on later if you find a different issue. It may not be the issue but...

You mention MBPLUS, MBENET and DASMBTCP????
Are you running the Wonderware DAServer or the Suitelink IO Server or both.?
I would NOT run multiple I/O Servers on 1 PC to talk to same device....not at all necessary.
If you only talking to a PLC that is MODBUS TCP compliant, then you only need the "DASMBTCP" DAServer running on each PC.
You mentioned DASMBTCP, so I assume it is a DAServer.
Are the DAServers on both pcs configured EXACTLY the same?
If you decide to change the access name (or "Topic Name") in DAServer it has to MATCH the "Access Name" configured in the Intouch application and the tags must be configured to use that "Access Name".

"Some" Intouch tags are reading? Do they have the same "Access Name"?
Are only certain tag types working like only I/O Discretes, or I/O Integers, or I/O Reals?

After these answers....we can get down to looking into the System Management Console logs...

Last edited:
It turns out I don't need the MBPLUS driver at all, so I have turned it off and kept it off.

Tried turning off windows firewall with no luck.

Whoever has set this up has made it so that both the DAServer and the Suitelink IO Server.

It has been built so that MBENET and DASMBTCP are both necessary.

These HMI's are talking to multiple SCADA devices on top of the modicon PLC.

DASMBTCP is definitely Identical. I archived it from the working machine and restored it on the new PC.

Every tag is reading. But when I bring up the PID control pop-up, only the tag name and output populate. Everything else remains blank as if the tags don't exist at all.

They also have a Galaxy server or something along those lines on the existing PC's. Would it be a possibility that the HMI in the MCC is a Host for the tags for the HMI in the office?

Did you try shutting down the workstation where you can modify the PID's and see if the other workstation will then allow you access to the PID's ?