Micrologix1400 error _ Fault light on

leonlai

Micrologix1400, 1762OW8 exp, 1762OF4 exp

Major Error S:6=287h
"I/O configuration mismatch, check module 2. The expansion I/O configuration in the user program did not match the actual configuration, or specified a module that was not found, or the data size for the module was greater than what the module is capable of holding."

I can download my code, go online, but cannot run because of this Fault error ?

What did I do wrong ?
Thanks

I think there is nothing wrong with the code, I think there should be something wrong with the two modules connection or fuse ???

No one on the forum can do any about the connections between controller and modules.
Check and double check them, look for bent pins also.

Someone here can verify that there is no configuration issues if you can post the program.

I found this thread while having the same error code.

Was working on a MLX1400 with 2 analog input IF4 cards connected.

The MLX had some water damage, and when thats blown up, it has damaged the IF4 #1 card as well. So bottom line is a bad IF4 card can cause the problem too.

Also in an effort to reduce technician time - something to consider here with this breakdown - the old MLX1400 was series A, and the replacement from the store turned out to be Series B. Version 8.1 of Rs500 didint cover series B, so anm upgrade to 8.40 needed to be done also.

Thanks to everyone else posting in this thread - Am so greatfull!!!!

Last edited:
I've been able to download programs written in older versions of RSlogix 500 for the ML1400 series A to a series B without having to select B from the controller list. Should just be able to do a straight download to the Series B with the series A program and it will be happy (done it a dozen times or so). The only problem I had with the series B controllers was when I used Ethernet, RSLinx wouldn't communicate over Ethernet until I upgraded to the latest version. Serial communications still worked fine though.