Understanding Firmware revisions on Allen Bradley revisions.

stallone

Good day
is there somewhere i can see the situation and compatibility regarding different firmware revisions.

I have a 2711-K5A5, series H and frn 4.41. (screen broken)

I want to transfer my file from the above panel to another panel of the same type.
for example i can get another 2711-K5A5, do i need to keep series H and do i need frn 4.41 or can i use 4.46 or something close to this number.

I just cant seem to find information that explains the frn and series compatibility.

Going to a newer firmware in the PanelView Classic units is usually not a problem, going to an older firmware can cause problems and may require using PanelBuilder 32 to downgrade the file before downloading to the PanelView.

Thank you @ alan 505 for the prompt reply.
Ok, if i keep to the same panelview 550 unit bit perhaps change to series H, frn 4.8 for example, it should be ok?

Typically as long as you stay with the same product line and series then a newer firmware should work fine. So if your current panelview is a 2711-K5A5 series H with a 4.41 firmware and you purchase the same 2711-K5A5 series H but with a 4.8 firmware it should still run the panelview project.