RSLogix program is not executing in CompactLogix

use RSLinx (Device Properties) to check the Firmware revision on one of your "problem" input modules ...

then open the configuration for that same module in RSLogix5000 - and make sure that the revision number specified there is correct ...

basic idea:

if you tell RSLogix5000 that you have a module with revision 3.3 - but the module's actual revision is not really that high (example: 2.2) then you could get an indication like you're describing ...

Last edited:
I was able to get rid of the red flags because the revisions of the input/output cards did not match so thats all good now. Still no change in the input status in the project however.

Attempted to post the ACD file as a zip but says the file of 408.5K bytes exceeds the forums limit of 397.7 KB for this filetype.

So even if that is a warning and not an error, that would keep the program from executing? I am unclear. what do you mean by search double coil syndrome.

So even if that is a warning and not an error, that would keep the program from executing? I am unclear. what do you mean by search double coil syndrome.

its a warning because it causes issues. when you write a program, its good practice to only OTE to an address once. Checkout rons videos to get a better idea of whats happeneing: http://ronbeaufort.com/main_frame_page.htm
Basically an OTE instruction will write a 1 or a 0, and in your program you have rungs writing a 0 and 1 to the same address.

If you were examining one of your 'input' tags like I2_000_Bit00 (INCH MODE) the system says that is an alias for I2[0].0, but that is nothing more than an INT array size of 1. That does not connect to Local:2:I.Data.0 so I think that is why you are not seeing any inputs in you ladder changing state.

You could go to Controller Tags and select the Monitor tab and drive down to the Local:2:I.Data.0 and check to see if it is changing state.

From the quick look I had, it doesn't appear you have your physical I/O mapped to the I/O bits your using in the program, causing what you describe as the processor not exicuting

If you were examining one of your 'input' tags like I2_000_Bit00 (INCH MODE) the system says that is an alias for I2[0].0, but that is nothing more than an INT array size of 1. That does not connect to Local:2:I.Data.0 so I think that is why you are not seeing any inputs in you ladder changing state.

You could go to Controller Tags and select the Monitor tab and drive down to the Local:2:I.Data.0 and check to see if it is changing state.

Yea this too.....

Is this a 500 conversion?

Yes this was a good working program in 500. When I alias the tags do I do that under the CONTROLLER TAGS in 5000. Can you give me an example?