RSLogix 5000 - Message (MSG)

bernardow1

I'm trying get information from another same PLC

PLC1: CompactLogix 1769-L16ER-BB1B (192.168.0.133)
PLC1: CompactLogix 1769-L16ER-BB1B (192.168.0.135)

But, i receive this errors...

Error Code: 16#00FF

The screenshots below is my config...

Any help?! Thanks guys!

Captura de tela 2023-08-24 144732.png Captura de tela 2023-08-24 145124.png Captura de tela 2023-08-24 145218.png Captura de tela 2023-08-24 145346.png

The problem may be on your last screen shot it says Identity: Mismatch
You may have to make sure they match or just disable keying.

The problem may be on your last screen shot it says Identity: Mismatch
You may have to make sure they match or just disable keying.

Keying is disabled, see the previous screenshot.

EDIT: This is not to say that the mismatch is necessarily unrelated. If the message is treating it as a different module from what it actually is because of the mismatch, I could see that difference resulting in an error.

Last edited:
Vars:

Bool (Other PLC) FUNDO_ABERTO
DINT (This PLIC) FUNDO_ABERTO_CT1
Message (This PLIC) MSG_DI_DESCARGA_CT1

The two CompactLogix have the same operation, I have a total of three CompactLogix that control the same machines, but I need to get specific information from each of them and the variable "FUNDO_ABERTO" I have declared in both CompactLogix

Captura de tela 2023-08-25 080435.png Captura de tela 2023-08-25 080527.png Captura de tela 2023-08-24 144732.png

Last edited:
I discovery other error:

When i click on Properties in the other PLC on Ethernet... appears for me this error, on the ab Internet Protocol

Captura de tela 2023-08-25 081228.png Captura de tela 2023-08-25 081348.png

Tags needs to be same type & no BOOL.

It is impossible to do that, "Message" does not accept returning the variable to type Bool. I already tried it and it doesn't even let me save the configuration...

When i use BOOL, RSLogix show me this error "I am getting the error "Message references a tag of BOOL data type."":

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=114987

Last edited:
ControlLogix does not support the BOOL datatype in a MSG instruction. It never has.

This was specifically done to prevent users from wasting bandwidth and memory and complexity to transfer individual bits of data instead of packing them into a structure or INT/DINT.

ControlLogix does not support the BOOL datatype in a MSG instruction. It never has.

This was specifically done to prevent users from wasting bandwidth and memory and complexity to transfer individual bits of data instead of packing them into a structure or INT/DINT.

What? I love wasted bandwidth.

Well, that and no one seems to agree on how much memory a BOOL consumes.

Rockwell: 1 byte
Rockwell UDT: ZZZZZZZZ_stuffThemIntoHere and make ZZZZZZZZZ_stuffThemIntoHere2 after 8 BOOL
Omron: 2 bytes
ARM Cortex-M0: sorry, segfault for addressing less than 4 bytes

Last edited:
The path you are using... is that OK?
I've never added one to the IO tree like that and seeing it missing the backplane, slot in the path always gives me pause.

I know a few CPLX don't require that, but just throwing it out there.