Panelview Plus HMI

sandy5020

Hi,

I have a PVP 1250 with ME station FW 6.0 I would like to upgrade it to ME Station FW10. I downloaded the FW10 from Rockwell site and installed on my laptop but after that ME FW Upgrade wizard is not opening and showing some .dll error. So my questions is which version of FTview studio/me is required for performing FW Upgradation to version 10. Kindly advice

Regards
Sandy

>showing some .dll error.

If you want help troubleshooting your software installation, run the software again and post the details of the error message.

>PanelView Plus 1250 [...] ME station FW 6.0

The PanelView Plus 700-1500 have identical logic modules, and the start of v6 firmware coincided with a new hardware logic module. It's immediately recognizable as being made of cast aluminum with curved heatsink fins, and has an SD card slot instead of the older CompactFlash style slot.

That hardware runs Windows CE 6.0, and can support FTView Machine Edition firmware from version 6.0 through 12.0.

Since the firmware update utility doesn't require activation or close integration with other software, the most practical solution may be to install it on a different PC and try to use that to perform the upgrade.

Hi ,

Yes FTView version is 7.0 and I saw tech note as 9.0 is required so I will install it on a different PC and try

Thanks guys!

It didn't occur to me that you would want to install firmware for v10 if you did not already have FactoryTalk View v10 installed.

Ideally if you want to use FactoryTalk View Studio v10 and PanelView Plus firmware v10, go ahead and install both.

Let me just make it clear... we have a backup of MER backup with FW version 10 and our PV is FW6.0 so we will have to upgrade it to FW10 I believe. I had FTview studio ME 7.0 installed on my laptop and after installing the new firmware which is 10.0 the Firmware upgrade wizard is not opening. So I am trying on another laptop to install FTView studio me v9.0 or 10.0 for the FW upgradation

Regards
Sandy

Let me just make it clear... we have a backup of MER backup with FW version 10 and our PV is FW6.0 so we will have to upgrade it to FW10 I believe. I had FTview studio ME 7.0 installed on my laptop and after installing the new firmware which is 10.0 the Firmware upgrade wizard is not opening. So I am trying on another laptop to install FTView studio me v9.0 or 10.0 for the FW upgradation

Regards
Sandy

You would not necessarily need to upgrade the firmware on the unit -- just restore your backup and generate a v6.0 MER file. Assuming you don't use any features that were not available in v6, this should not cause issues.

You would need Studio version 10 or higher to open your backup regardless though, and there's no real reason not to upgrade the panel FW while you're at it.

Hi,

I understand the point unfortunately we just have the MER files with FW10 so only option is to upgrade the ME FW on PVP.

Regards
Sandy

I understand the point unfortunately we just have the MER files with FW10 so only option is to upgrade the ME FW on PVP.
By saying this you demonstrate you have missed the point.

In order to upgrade the firmware, you must install Studio v10.

If you have Studio v10, you can create a v6 MER after restoring your backup to a project file.

Upgrading the firmware may be desirable, but is only necessary if the file uses features not present in v6.