Mitsubishi Q series: Averaging value before displaying on HMI

When the rig is running, the flow rate doesn't vary that much, but the vertical bar is jittery and difficult for the operator to focus on one value and write it down on his checklist.

I guess ultimately, the "fix" could be done in the HMI by slowing down the display rate (although I've not seen a 'sampling rate for display' feature in the HMI, GT Designer3).

Ah, we missed this subtlety. Even 1 second is going to be too jittery. I think the ultimate solution will be to update, in the PLC, the value that will be written to the checklist every 10 seconds. Keep the SFTWL, as it's cleaner than the indexed solution, but add a counter of the S412 rising edges, and only execute the divide-by-ten branch on every tenth edge e.g. see below.

I.e. the D654 value is used only for the operator's checklist.

yyy.png

Last edited:
d'Oh! If you only update the value read by the operator every 10s, then you don't need the EMOV or the SFTWL. Instead

• accumulate D420 into D652 every rising edge of SM412
  • divide D652 by 10 every time counter completes (counts to 10), put the quotient into D654
  • Reset counter and put 0.0 into D652 when counter completes and SM412 is 0.
yyy.png

Last edited:
d'Oh! If you only update the value read by the operator every 10s, then you don't need the EMOV or the SFTWL. Instead

• accumulate D420 into D652 every rising edge of SM412
  • divide D652 by 10 every time counter completes (counts to 10), put the quotient into D654
  • Reset counter and put 0.0 into D652 when counter completes and SM412 is 0.
View attachment 61550

Thanks for this.
I've not implemented it yet - should be running the oil system in the next day or two. I'll ask the operator if it's still too jittery. Will try the 'counter' code if required.