Kinetix 5500 - DCBusUpStatus

dvanovec

Hi guys!

I have 3 servos for X,Y,Z axis controlled by Kinetix 5500.
In Studio 5000 there is one Predefined tag in AXIS_CIP_DRIVE called "DCBusUpStatus" which we use to determine if the servo lost 400V or not (basically we have alarm for this bit).
I found in rockwell literature that determines DCBusUpStatus bit as: "This bit is set if DC Bus has charged up to an operational voltage level."
Basically we use XIO, if the bit is set to 0 (means DC Bus is not charged up) alarm will be triggered (OTE).
Somehow, I get many alarms in the alarm history that this bit was set to 0, I also wanted to monitor when this happen at what voltage range and it happened when DC Bus voltage was at 550V (which is quite normal operational voltage).
I also tried to put a delay timer for 500ms, but it still manage to pass through.
Afterwards I monitored it more and found out the voltage sometimes drop even to 500V and there is no alarm, DCBusUpStatus is still set ON, so I do not understand why my alarm was triggered at value of 550V.
Afterall since it is OTE, it will always reset itself and continue in operation without any further issue, I am just wondering what could cause this.

Do you have any idea what could cause this issue ?🙏

I will say that I use the DCBusUpStatus to know when it is locked out. If that bit is ever false, my program will stop and prevent all attempts at motion. I feel confident in saying that my servos never see that bit go false except when powered down.

Based on your last comment, it sounds like a bad servo drive.

The DC Bus Voltage is in range min. 543V in rest - max. 785V in movement with all 3 axis, just now I got the alarm at 559V which can't be undervoltage, but I also got CIP_Axis_State 16#0001

Also I've realized, it only happens when axis is not in motion, it stop for awhile and then got straight Pre-charge state