in FTView Se what does #1 means?

mrgees100peas

Hi,

In the global object parameter value window a contractor put in the following in the #102 field. {/Data::[#1]Program:#1_Inline_CM.VSD}. What does the #1 means? I've been told its parameter 1 of a parameter file but how do I find out which one? There are at least 17 parameters files in this application. I mean unless the #1 means something else. Also, what s the difference between the [#1] and #1_inline....? What does the bracket do?

Parameter files are selected when setting up a Goto Display button. If you go to the screen that has that button it should be referencing the parameter file.

The bracket is the shortcut name of the communication path setup in FactoryTalk. If the line you are looking at uses it in both spots then I imagine the shortcut name is the same as the beginning of the tag in the PLC.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized you were talking about Site Edition. For that you will have to go to the Button object that has the Display action. Look for the name after the /P and that should be the name of your parameter file.

Last edited:
Well, there was no /P anywhere to be found but, the shortcut does make sense. I'm still stuck on how is the display opened. Here is the thing. The button in question is a global object. In the global objects the button has the following action command /Data::[#1]Program:#1_Inline_PH. On the display were the button its used it has the following global parameters
#102 --> /Data::[#1]Program:#1_Inline_PH and for #103--> #1 I figured: #1 = R3000 from the shortcut. When I put it all together it should look something like this
Display /Data::[R0003]Program:R0003_Inline_PH.Cfg_Display.Inf_Display$, R0003 /cc

This somehow magically opens a display called (HI-BAS) Faceplate - Inline
The question is HOW??!!