FactoryTalk Private Directory error

MartyMaucher

In FactoryTalk View Studio - View Machine Edition, I get "Failed to open the FactoryTalk Private Directory" error when opening a project. I can open other projects without a problem.

I've looked and found some suggestions, but none have resolved the problem. I ran the ResDir script, the Directory Configuration program from Rockwell, rebooted, re-installed View Studio, but still not opening.

Another suggestion I found is to delete the files in C:\ProgramData\Rockwell\RNAClient, RNAServer, but I can't because it says the file is open but it is not.

Any suggestions?

PrivateDir.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, got it working. A number of suggestions I had found say to delete the Private Directory, but don't say where it is. Well, this is where it is:
C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects\<name of project>\PrivateDirectory

Deleted that directory and project opens ok.
Yahoo.

Last edited:
This just happened to me today on a project I had worked on quite a bit. Factory Talk View studio had locked up on me and I had to force it closed. When I tried to reopen the application I got the private directory fault.

Thanks for sharing the solution. Worked perfectly.

The bugs in Rockwell garbage just keep getting worse and worse. What complete **** for software. Most of the development time is spent just trying to navigate this kind of buggy trash....