Consumed/Produced Tags between 1756-L55 & L71

lrahman

Sir,
I have installed 1756-L55 Controller in slot-0 and L71 Controller in slot-1 of Control Logix 13 slot chassis. i can read data from L55 in L71 project via produce/consume tags concept but reverse is not happening. i cannot add L71 controller in L55 project's IO configuration. Please advise any firmware upgrade for L55 or firmware downgrade for L71 to have read/write data access between these two Controllers. Thanks.

Put your L71 into the L55's I/O configuration as an L63 for L55 F/W up to 15, or an L64 for F/W 16.

It will work, as nothing has changed in the Producer/Consumer model ....

EDIT : I am certain I have done this myself a couple of years ago, but I can't check as I only have an L55, an L61, and an L63

EDIT2 : Electronic Keying is not relevant to Controllers, so there should be no "I/O" errors. So long as the producer produces, consumers can consume....

Last edited:
Put your L71 into the L55's I/O configuration as an L63 for L55 F/W up to 15, or an L64 for F/W 16.

It will work, as nothing has changed in the Producer/Consumer model ....

EDIT : I am certain I have done this myself a couple of years ago, but I can't check as I only have an L55, an L61, and an L63

EDIT2 : Electronic Keying is not relevant to Controllers, so there should be no "I/O" errors. So long as the producer produces, consumers can consume....

Thank you sir I upgraded L55 FW to 16 and added L64 as disguise for L71 its working fine thank you.

I know this thread is old but I had to. You're a lifesaver, been struggling for over a week trying to get these controllers to communicate. This worked like a charm