SLC 5/03 PLC showing Fault

muneeb uddin

HI there.
i am in urgent need for help. i have SLC5/03 CPU with some I/Os.Fault LED is continously blinking and PLC is not going in run mode. I have an OP connected on CPU's Rs232 port. i removed cabel from this port and put my null modem cabel to go online with PLc. But when i select Df1 protcol onRS232 port, and try to AUTO find the station, it does not detect any thing. What could be the reason?
Secondly i have an EPROM also . i want it to put on other SLC5/03 cpu and run it. shall i need to reset the PLC first before putting EPROM? if yes then how it is RESET?
Please help me
muneb uddin

The port may be configured for DH485. If so you will have to use the PIC/AIC driver to get online. ( you will need a real serial port for this.
Check your offline file and look at the channel configuration.

hi there..
i dont have any soft or hard copy of the program. what shall i do to clear fault and upload program from CPU. and secondly from where i can get this driver and can you give me pin configuration?

Driver, same place you found the DF1 driver in RSLinx. It is best to try and get online and see what the fault is before trying to clear it.

ErrorDescription.jpg

Last edited:
hi mick, i am trying to put new driver with Pic/AIc but when i am clicking "add new" and configuring port settings and clicking OK, its giving me error that RSLINX is running as a service, try to run it as normal application, what does it mean?

See picture:
Stop RSLinx and uncheck always run as a service. Also make sure you delete the DF1 driver first shut down RSLinx and restart, then daa the PIC/AIC driver.
If you can post the complete catalog number of your operator panel we might be able to determine its comm. protocol.

service.jpg

hi there
thanks very much for the help you gave to me. in factory PLC was working fine with no problem, there was eprom also inside PLC. what happend is some people recycled the AC power of PANEL. after that cpu could not go in run mode and it was giving error LED flashing. now i brought to office and put it in rack which is having more I/O's. As you said i did every thing and when i go online i see the fault "the rack configuration in user program incorrect". obviously i think that it was in small rack in factory, that is why it is giving error here. but why was it giving error in factory also? backup battery is also working fine? any ways i uploaded the program. is there any way i can put some setting that i should always read from EPROM?

It does require that the IO and rack match the program. If they don't match it will fault the processor - as you've already learned.

There are many reasons why the processor could have faulted in the field. It is nearly impossible for us to tell you why without some more information.

To set it so it always reloads the program from EEPROM, you need to set bit S:1/12.

503_S112.jpg