Tag Database to Excel spreadsheet

MIControl

I need to export some of the tags from a Control Logix processor to an Excel spreadsheet. I don't need a live link or to download back to the PLC for any reason. We are just looking to generate a spreadsheet for and I/O check out. We are reactivating a machine that has been idle and potentially cannibalized for the last several years so everything needs to be checked before we can try to hit the GO button.

You are probably going to have to export all or most of them, then sort through them yourself. Open your program, go to Tools > Export > Tags and Logic Comments.

I say most/all because you can select "controller tags" to eliminate any tags that are not controller scope, but often the bulk of the tags are this scope anyway.

Similar Topics

Hi. When exporting an hmi tag data base to .csv, there are two steps that excel comes up with in choosing the correct format, does anybody know...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I have a program that when you open the tag database the search field is already filled in, and limits the database to that search. We...
Replies
Views
FactoryTalk View 8.20 gives an error when I try to open tag database editor via HMI Tags >> Tags link. I think there is a problem accessing sql...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have an existing project with FTView ME running in my FTView Studio (v12.00) and I am trying to add a display box. When I go to...
Replies
Views
Having a Issue at a site where WOnderware can seemingly connect to the PLC and all shows good except its locked into a loop for downloading the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom