SLC messaging with a ControlLogix redundant system

Alfredbeni

I have a redundant ControlLogix being set up. This program reads a value from a remote site which happens to be SLC PLC. Rockwell mentions SLC messaging is not compatible with the redundant ControlLogix system. Is there a way moving forward? I require this remote site value for proper functioning of the program code. Any help is much appreciated.

Logix 5580 (L8xE) redundancy does not support SLC messaging.
You should use another PLC to read that data then produce to Redundancy. This PLC can be a stand along controller or reside in the 1756 IO chassis.

Use a bridge controller. The redundant PLC messages the Bridge controller via EIP and the bridge controller can talk to the SLC (assuming 505) via the native PCCC. You can also do this with DH+ if an older SLC 504.

Edit: Conn is a faster typer ;)