SLC 5/05 1747-SDN DeviceNet

RobinHood525

I have just started trying to use DeviceNet and I am having trouble getting it set up. Right now I have a 1747-SDN DeviceNet Module connected to a 1794-ADN. I have a 121 ohm resistor on both ends and 24 volts powering it.

On the 1794-ADN I have the Mod/Net Status blinking green. On the 1747-SDN I have the module light flashing red and the net light blinking green. The numeric display flashes 63 and 75.

I have read the manual and have tried a few things, but I do not know how to get the module light to stop blinking red. I am unaware what all could cause this problem besides "There is an invalid configuration. Check configuration setup." I should also mention that both of these modules are brand new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I think you will have to load the scanner with a valid scanlist using RSNetworx for Devicenet before you will get the "unhappy lights" to go away.

You can't access the 1747-SDN through the SLC back-plane you will need in addition to the RSNetworx For Devicenet Software you will need a 1775_KFD Cable to configure the SDN Scanner.

Thank you for the help guys. I have figured it out. I was using an Ethernet pass through to talk to DeviceNet but it was not using Ethernet to talk to the processor.

Once I switched it from RS-232 to Ethernet it all started working well.