Siemens migration error

James Mcquade

Hi everyone,

i have a Siemens S7-300 Cpu 314C-2 DP with several cards of i/o and servos
my laptop has TIA version 16 and 17 loaded and operational.
i ran across the step 7 project.s7p files and tried to do a migration.
i tried to use ver 16 and the first time i did the conversion, i forgot to check add the hardware configuration and got the message
converted with errors.
i tried it again and included add hardware conversion and got the error message "migrate project (0039:000010) an error occurred during the migration"
i could not open the migration.log file
Any ideas what may be going on? i do not have the step 7 program.
thanks in advance,
james

Are you trying to migrate to project to Tia so you can use a newer controller, or just trying to gain access to the 314c controller?

Per the link below it appears that model is only able to be used with step7.

I found the issue. the log file was hidden. one of the modules cannot be migrated to to version 16 or 17. it is not supported.
module id 6es7 315-2ag10-0ab0 v2.0. looking into upgrading the module firmware / see if it is supported in tia 16 or 17.
james

Maybe not a problem but a few years ago I needed to upgrade our S7 software as S7 V3.xx would not run on win7, contacted our local supplier who suggested TIA, we purchased it but our S7 systems firmware was not supported, you could load the original project, monitor it but not make changes, contacted the supplier & siemens who said you need Step7 Classioc v 5.xx, they would not exchange as I had opened the package Doh. so had to buy the S7 V5.xx, just be aware that some older S7400/300 are not fully supported in TIA.