Sequential Status Display...

icky812 said:
For those that need a bit more than what the Directsoft manual provides on how things work, here is a document that I wrote...

Thanks, Icky -- your timing couldn't be better! I've had my head buried in manuals for the past few days, and even though the DL manuals are well-written, sometimes they can be very dry.
Yawn.gif
And it can be very difficult to filter out the less important points from the more critical info. I printed out your write-up straight away, and it's already been very helpful!

Paula

And also thanks for the translated logic, Icky! I'll investigate it further when I find some time. At first glance, I'm not liking the 'dreaded' stages, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way around needing them... :D

In any case, it should be useful for Bob (testsubject)... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

Paula,
I'm just glad to know that someone somewhere got something usefull out of it. :)

Eric,
No real need for the stages. A contact in front of the rungs inside stage S1 will do the same thing. I tried to use a few not so well known 'features' while doing this just to show how they work.

Last edited:
Sorry to dig up this old thread.
But i am trying to do near enough exactly the same thing using microwin s7200 ,im not proficient with programming and cant work it out can anybody offer any pointers.
Just trying to display multiple messages to an led display screen scrolling through each message , controlled by sending individual output bytes for each message.
Thanks