Sending temperature from SLC-5/02 to EZiMarquee

jrob86

I’m attempting to send a temperature from a SLC-5/02 to an EZiMarquee display. The vendor said to use a MSG instruction to send the data to the display. I’m having a little bit of trouble setting up the MSG instruction. I have it set to write with target device set to 485CIF. Control Block is set to N7:3 (integer file with my temp I want to display)
Under Setup Settings I have Data Table Address set to N7:3 and for Target Device I’m not quite sure. Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 6
Does the display support DH485? The port on the front of the SLC-5-02 is not Ethernet. Their documentation talks about RS232/RS485 but not DH485. The RJ45 port on the display seems to be Ethernet or Modbus.