RSLogix 500 to FactoryTalk ME

jscampbell210

I have a little bit of experience with Allen-Bradley. I have a Micrologix 1500 (RSLogix 500) and a PanelView Plus 7 (FactoryTalk View Studio ME) at work. I went through the process of taking the addressing from 500 and putting it into Factory Talk. When I try to run the program on the PanelView I get the error message "Problem writing value '1' to item 'B3_3_1'". Does this mean that I didn't transfer correctly or could it be my PanelView isn't correctly connected to the PLC?

In factorytalk did you create the tag in hmi or did you assign off the online program
If you have created your tag back sure the tag is the right may be miss typed

there is a communications tag format that you have to follow in order for it to get to the plc.
under the HMI Tags section, you will see tags.
double click on that and it will show all your tags.
locate your tag and click on it.
in the top of the screen you will see the tag information.
look at the data source part and the device box should be checked.
in the address section it should be similar to the next line
::[program name]B3:3.1 it might be b3:3/1
i got that off my display app.
james

there is a communications tag format that you have to follow in order for it to get to the plc.
under the HMI Tags section, you will see tags.
double click on that and it will show all your tags.
locate your tag and click on it.
in the top of the screen you will see the tag information.
look at the data source part and the device box should be checked.
in the address section it should be similar to the next line
::[program name]B3:3.1 it might be b3:3/1
i got that off my display app.
james
Thank you James!