RSLinx on a server

stretch_af

There are several control technicians here, and a handful of maintenance electricians that use Rockwell software to go online and troubleshoot equipment. Recently we have commissioned a new server where all of the Rockwell software and licenses would reside. Now, from our desktops, we remote into the server and have our personal "desktop" within the server where we can do work. This is very new to our company and myself so my terminology might be off. I know almost nothing about servers.

Here is my problem. It seems that if one person has Linx open, no one else can open Linx to add or modify a driver. Linx is there and running. I can see the drivers in Who Active and go online. But if I need to add or modify something I can't do it myself. Is there a way to setup Linx on a server so all users can have access?

If you have a concurrent license, then you can have multiple users.
if you have 3 licenses, then 3 people can use it at the same time.
the big issue is when they finish and fail to close the program and free u the license.
if the license is a single user license, only one person can use it at a time.
this is my current understanding and i may be wrong.
if i am, someone please correct me.
james