Resetting old RSLINX Master Disk floppy

LMDAVE

Does Rockwell still offer reset codes for old school Master Disk floppy's? In a bind and need to reset the activation disk soon and to be pointed in right direction if anyone knows if it's available still. Thanks.

I was on phone with support for over a half-hour trying to explain what I needed done, but they insisted on me using Activation Manager to do a software activation like all the newer software. I showed him this document (from their website date 2024) from your link that shows the exact method of what I needed done with pictures and everything, and their support still didn't understand. I ended up just having the end the call.

I was on phone with support for over a half-hour trying to explain what I needed done, but they insisted on me using Activation Manager to do a software activation like all the newer software. I showed him this document (from their website date 2024) from your link that shows the exact method of what I needed done with pictures and everything, and their support still didn't understand. I ended up just having the end the call.

I haven't had that much trouble using support when explaining the situation right. use the chat instead and give a direct link to that article and explain what you need. I've been given plenty of legacy support through chat vs live call.

So can you get to the point where it finds your activation for the master disk, and you can enter a reset code into the reset utility? or has it just been erased completely?

can you see the file labeled 'EVRSI.SYS' in the floppy? or has it been deleted by some utility? you may have to turn off "Hide protected operating files" in folder view options.

The floppy has EVMOVE.EXE and Reset.EXE the activation was on the hard drive of a system that the hard drive crashed. Unfortunately didnt have an image of the drive so we are re-installing all software back to the system. I needed the the master reset so I can move the activation to the system again. Rockwell opened a ticket and I eventually just had to hang up after the many attempt to try to get them to understand what I needed, the link is clear as day. Their response to the ticket was:

David 's Request:

I need to reset the floppy disk

SN: xxxxxxx667

Rockwell Automation's Response:

I explain him that is not necessary to reset the floppy disk because the license was update to a SN with 10 digits.

the license is available to install in a new machine.

call dropped

I would just try the chat like I said. Open the Reset.exe and give them the Product ID and System ID and just say your PC crashed and you need your activation reset.

They should be able to just enter those things into their tool and give you the number it spits out to restore the Master Disk as far as I understand it.

I haven't heard of anyone being shafted that bad by support when it comes to activations, we use rockwell support a lot and haven't had this problem, they've usually gone above and beyond for us.

+1 for using the live chat. I've upgraded numerous licenses from EVRSI to Factory Talk Activations using live chat, and had licenses restored that got stuck in limbo when attempting to borrow from our server via sketchy internet service.