Redlion Graphite reading thru OPC ?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Is there a way to get a Red Lion Graphite panel to read from Kepware? I know they have OPCworx but they tell me that just talks between RedLion panels, I want to talk to Kepware. Then I can get it to display anything!
Is this not yet possible?

Graphite device does not require Kepware driver to talk to a PLC. It has its own driver.
Do you want to use Kepware to talk from PC to Graphite? I've never tried that. Its not what the Graphite device was intended to do.

No, I want the Graphite to read data from Kepware, ideally through OPC-UA but I'll take whatever comm options are open.

I've been asking for this for between 3 and 5 years since I saw OPC-UA embedded on the horizon. So far it still isn't available. Maybe if more people ask for it they will work on it.

I'm not following you.
Where is kepware running? What do you want to read?
Is kepware installed on a PC reading from a PLC?
Graphite comm drivers do that which would be done by kepware.