reading data from siemens controller (profinet) to ethernet/IP controller

ahmeduqat

Hello
I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use the same communication protocol (ethernet/ip and profinet) Is it possible? and how can I do this.
Can I configure the opc server to do that?

Regards.

We have recently used these as a gateway between Siemens PLCs on profinet and Omron PLCs on etherCAT. It also fetched data from third party OPC servers and fed it to the Omron PLC. I believe it can also speak Ethernet/IP.

The link from @simjon71 probably is the most 'direct' way to integrate an S7-1200 in a ControlLogix.

OPC UA is also possible. As of TIA V16, the S7-1200 can be OPC UA server, and ControlLogix can be OPC UA client.
I think that the performance is quite low. Good enough for a few tags at a not too high frequency.

And then there is Modbus TCP. The S7-1200 can be both Modbus TCP client and server:

Modbus on a 1200 is easy, I have done a few projects with Wago 750-88x and also Click PLC's.
Use the link provided by Jesper to get going.

It also depends an the amount of data you are after.
The worse part will be dealing with the Rockwell side of Modbus (cl@sterf@ck).

I have attached a few screen shots with a 1200 & a Click.

I would recommend a Gateway as it will be the easiest way to get things done.

Attachments

• Modbus000.PNG
    Modbus000.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Modbus001.PNG
    Modbus001.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Modbus010.PNG
    Modbus010.PNG
    40.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Modbus011.PNG
    Modbus011.PNG