Questions about Leeson vfd

Johnbowser

Hello, first of all let me state for the record that I'm not a tech of any kind, I have limited experience with industrial automation devices, so forgive me if I say something that sounds silly. I have I leeson speed master 2 series. From what I've read in the manual and online, there is supposed to be a way for me to download software (on leesons specifications for my vfd then mention a techlink download). And your supposed to be able to used a rs-458 USB adapter to connect the vfd to my lap top instead of having to fiddle around with the analog keys.

I cannot find this download. Does anyone know if it exists? ( if it does please share a link). I cannot find it. I'm aware that leeson was bought by another corporation a while ago, and that their products and support for the products has gone down hill. Can someone confirm that this is the case?

And if there is infact no such download called techlink. Is there another generic software program that is compatible with programming lessons sm2 drives.

Regards,

I have worked with a few of these (they were discontinued a few years ago) and I know they use a EDM to allow transferring data from one unit to another. But, I do not remember any software for them.

In the "leeson site" which is really regal something or other. (These guys bought leeson so if you type leeson.com your redirected to a web address that says regal, but the page your looking at says leeson.

Anyways, in the specifications, where it's describing the various ways to remote connect to the drive to commission the it's parameters it says ethernet wireless or cable and the exact wording used is "techlink software". I cannot find any website that even mentions this software being a platform for leeson vfd.

And this other dip **** regal company, I hope, someone who works for them reads this. You send them emails nothing, call no one picks up. Like zero customer support, ****ing rediculance, that these guys bought this company to manage it that way.

And yeah its an older unit. But it's still a 600v capacity vfd that costs around a thousand dollars, and it works, so I'm going to program it like a snail with the analog controls if it comes to that.

Is there some sort of generic software that can program these things?