OT: Crapped Canned

bwhite

Lifetime Supporting Member
Any of you lot in the SE USA need a PLC/HMI programmer that does CAD mark-ups? Yes, I will build a panel too.

Officially getting laid off tomorrow. Need work. I want to relocate to the Macon, GA area. Resume is ready.

Ben

Is OKC close enough? (LOL). We have been short a CAD person off and on for over a year, and they want another PLC/HMI/Drives/jack of all trades type but aren't getting good resumes...

Paul I do DWG all the time for customers off site and out of the US. I can give you a hand if you need some. OKC is a litte far. Can I be home intime for dinner? My wife and kids like having a dad tha is home. You know how that is.

Paul I do DWG all the time for customers off site and out of the US. I can give you a hand if you need some. OKC is a litte far. Can I be home intime for dinner? My wife and kids like having a dad tha is home. You know how that is.

Thanks for the offer, but my main concern is having a third person to cover weekends! This 12 on 2 off schedule is getting really old...

I understand I did 78 days straight 12hr on second. I walked into a meeting and the plant manager said he needed more from all of us. I stood up and gave notice in that meeting. 5 others left as well.

Jeff I hear ya. I did a job interveiw years ago during the interveiw, the maint manager stated that his guyz worked 12 hrs a day, 7 dayz a week, He then started moaning about how hard a time he was having hiring and keeping people.......duh

Jeff,
Same here. I am semi retired and went to work part for a local company helping the programmer guy. I did the CAD, organized and verified I/O. In other words tried to make his life easier. I made a mistake of telling them that I was an old toolmaker and could weld. Pretty soon I was in the plant working and that was OK because it was fun. Then the plant manager came and told me to report at 6pm for 12/7s nights. He still doesn't understand why I packed up my tools and drove away. He told me that I was "unreliable". Meanwhile the program guy also left because of his workload.

gas I understand that toolmaker and rod burner. I made the same mistake at one of my former jobs. The plant manager was a smart a$s. He made a few comments about you are a young kid you haven't been around long enough to know anything. We where in the tool and die shop. The maker was spinning a shaft out with a few steps in it. It was nothing a first year apprentice couldn't do. I stepped up and asked the toolmaker if I could give it a try and winked at him. He stood back and let me start cutting. Spit that shaft out in no time. I started to get calls at night because I was salary and they didn't pay me call in. That job stopped as well with "we just don't understand after all we have done for you and you quit".

In the past 5 years my wife and kids have helped me realign my priorities.

Lol. Good to here y'all have job options. I'm just two years out of school I'm a maintenance supervisor on track to be the manager in another year. Looke at my check stub and it said 173 hours on it. I laughed. I'm on track to break 220 this month and it's the slow time of the year. On top of running 36 guys and being able to do more than they can I handle all the special automation projects and do all the Plc and hmi programming. Then they get mad about my costs when we run 6 days a week. Then ask 'can you build a system that does this?'. I wish the economy would pick up so I can finally break 60k

Leit, the company I still technically work for, bout 3 yrs ago, we moved from one building to another, 4 of us, diassembled/disconnected 25 production lines, moved them and reassembled them, we worked 7 dayz a week, 12 + hrs a day, took about 2 months or so, we didn't even get a thankyou or a pizza..........lol
Califlash: yrs ago I was working for a company up in garland, we were paid weekly there, one week I had a 40 hr week, the next week, I had an 80 hour week, I took the 2 paystubs and put them side by side, and from the 80 hr stub, I subtracted what I made in a 40hr week, what was left 40 hrs at 1.5x rate was less then my 40 hrs of str8 time. that was all I needed to see..........lol

Is OKC close enough? (LOL). We have been short a CAD person off and on for over a year, and they want another PLC/HMI/Drives/jack of all trades type but aren't getting good resumes...

I'll keep it short as it seems every time I try to respond, I get washed out,,,, windoze 7? LOL

Gonna keep it short cause it seems like my response keeps getting wiped here.

50 year old jack of all trades. PLC/HMI, controls/instrumentation, ACAD mark-up boy, build my own panels. I go on site for start ups and subsequent troubleshooting. Commissioning is what I love. Start up,,, let's get the pressure going. I have bosses and co-workers to back it up.

Please write me for my resume. Will travel.
Ben

Hey Ben,

I am in your shoes now. 13 years and they needed to cut heads to save money. Sad thing is that they have 2 contract engineers working on what I was doing. I called HR and asked if I could contract to the company and I was told because I was laid off - I will never be allowed in that plant again as an employee or contractor.

That was 4 weeks ago.

Since I am a degreed engineer, work is a lot harder to come by here. I have seen quite a few postings (and a couple of offers) for a skilled multicraft mechanic. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you all my contacts. I am about 2 hours outside of Macon.