Network Switch supplier USA

mad4x4

Looking for a supplier of Layer 3 Network Switches DIN RAIL MOUNT, in Alabama, In the UK we would use Typically in the UK we would use Weidmuller/SCALANCE/CISCO from RS/ Parmely Graham / EU Automation / Edmonson's etc. but as our ship is in the US not sure who the big industrial equipment suppliers?

….and they can have it to you tomorrow if you call them now.

True story a month ago I was at a customer and had to order a part at 5pm, had it the next day at 10am. Solid!

You can buy Cisco gear worldwide, of course.

There's a heavy-duty Ethernet switch maker called N-Tron that is physically headquartered in Mobile, Alabama. They are a subsidiary of Red Lion Controls (in York, Pennsylvania) now.

I'm a huge automation direct fan, I've never had the chance to use any network gear from them though. Red lion seems to be a respected player in the industrial market. I use several of their unmanaged switches.

If I can get it and the price is reasonable (usually is) and if I can get a quote from my vendors in a reasonable time, I tend to go with N-Tron. Their 108TX is a great footprint for an 8-port switch and I've never had one fail. I needed something in a hurry and got a Stride from Automation Direct. It's been in service for a few months with no issues, but we'll see what happens in the summer...