MPI Communication network

bzewain

Hello , I've a problem with my graduation project ( Sorting system by height ).

I'm using Simatic Step 7 ( Programming )+ Winn CC Flexible ( HMI ).

The problem is that after transfering our HMI Project to ( SIMATIC Panels series 170 ) Via ( Ethernet ) I tried a simple PLC Program to check that HMI is functionally good , but the screen ( with our HMI Details already on it ) doesn't respond to our input ( I124.0 > M0.0 ) , After using WinCC Flexible Simulation the simulation worked correctly !

So , I think the problem related to our MPI Connection.

Detailed Info .
1- PLC Connected to Laptop Via MPI ( Simatic S7 used ).
2- Screen Connected to Laptop Via Ethernet ( WinCC Flexible used ).
3- Screen Connected to PLC using Profibus Cable ( Directly after it was connected through Semiens motor drive ).

As we only have 15 days to fix all our problems to end our project , I hope anyone help me with this .

The panel is connected to the PLC via Profibus or MPI?
It is not clear in your post.
How did you configure the connection in WinCCFlex? Profibus or MPI?

Hello Mike, Thanks for you reply.

PLC > Screen #Profibus
PC > PLC ( S7-300 ) #MPI

PC > Screen #Profinet (used to transfer , As our MPI Cable to PLC Didn't help )

We tried to transfer HMI ( Using WinCC ) Via (PLC MPI ) To (Screen Profibus) but it didn't work.

I hope It's clear now .

OK,
have you configured the Profibus port on the Panel? It has to be configured on the panel.
This is done from the control panel on the unit.

Hello Mike ,

Sorry for that mistake ,

The connection between ( PLC and Screen ) > MPI

After we Selected Profibus/MPI connection , we tried to transfer our HMI but error message appeared " connection broken " .

That's why I'm asking about MPI Connection with Profinet ( The only way succeded to transfer our HMI Programming )

Lets make it easier -
What CPU are you using ? Catalog number ?
What HMI are you using ? Catalog number ?
On one post you indicate you are using MPI, another Profibus, and now you mention Profinet (Ethernet)!

Tell us the catalog numbers, so we can determine what is possible.

No matter what you want to use, you have to configure the port HMI, this is not done in WinCCflex. Have you done it?

Quote " you have to configure the port HMI, this is not done in WinCCflex. Have you done it? "

I've used PG/PC interface to select HMI adapter , Is that what you mean ?

Yes Mike , That's right .

The only way that the transfer correctly done is by ( Eathernet ).

We've tried to use MPI Cable but we can't configue it , We've done what's illustrated in the manual but it doesn't succeed to transfer the HMI .

Sorry for all this , we're the first group to do this and our supervisor doesn't have enough experience in this .