Looking for standalone cheap ETH IP I/O module

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I want to monitor a couple signals in a place where there is no PLC but there is ethernet. I know I can use an AENTR or Flex I/O and a module but this is just for my curiosity and I don't want that expense. Anyone know of a small standalone EIP I/O brick, all self contained that is under a couple hundred bucks?

I have never done it. But... I understand the Automation Click series can be used as EIP remote I/O. Meets your budget requirements. You will need the Click and a power supply.

I was just there looking and got the impression that it wasn't REALLY EIP for AB PLC's... but I'll take a look again
I DK if AB does it different, but I have interfaced with CLICK Plus over EIP with Wago/Codesys using the EDS files generated in the Click software. Quite easy IMO.

I DK if AB does it different, but I have interfaced with CLICK Plus over EIP with Wago/Codesys using the EDS files generated in the Click software. Quite easy IMO.
That's what Ken was showing me. That's quite an option for a LOT of things and probably where I will go. I think I have a couple Clicks around here somewhere from a ModbusRTU to Analog conversion I needed to do years ago

Those aren't less than a couple hundred bucks. As soon as E I/P gets added, price goes up a lot. I'm not gon find my unicorn

Probably not, as I have never found one either.

I have looked at the Clicks and others, but by the time you do the engineering, build the enclosure, punch holes for fittings/connectors... Buy all the stuff, toss in labor, materials... It's cheaper to drop in a 1732E, or something to that effect.

I have looked at the Clicks and others, but by the time you do the engineering, build the enclosure, punch holes for fittings/connectors... It's cheaper to drop in a 1732E, or something to that effect.
This is a lot less formal than that but the click programming is a consideration. Its not hard, but just another link to debug.