Is there a way to log to a DBF file with factorytalkview SE

billyjb2000

I just converted an existing application from RSView32 to FactoryTalkView SE.
In RSView32, the Datalog was made in a *.DBF file.
There was software that generated a report in Excel from the *.DBF file.

Now, FactoryTalkView SE logs in *.DAT. It no longer seems to support *.DBF files.

I found a way to do it in Rockwell's KnowledgeBase that I cannot implement.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/69931/loc/en_US

Has anyone ever done this?

The directions they give are ok. But they miss a few things. I walked through this all on one computer. So I wasn't copying from one machine to another. Couple things I did.

1. I created a "database" folder where I stored everything. Just made sense to me to have everything in one place. They don't indicate where to store anything. I think that was especially helpful for step #7 to store the DBF files in a specific location so I could find them when I needed to.

2. My version of Access doesn't create the .MDB format anymore. So I had to do a Save As and tell it to save as the MDB format. I used the 2002 format option.

3. On step #10 you need to click the browse button net to each table to select the DBF versions of those tables.

Once I figured out those things, it all worked and I was logging into the DBF database.

OG