How to Convert Controllogix Program

Tim Ganz

How is the correct way to convert a Controllogix program from version 20.11 to version 30?

I have already flashed the processor to version 30 but can't seem to convert the program file.

I tried to open it from version 30 and I did a new project from import in version 30 and drilled down to my 20.11 file on the desktop.

Nothing I do seems to convert it?

When you open a Version XX.XX program file, the programming software automatically switches to that version - look at Help-About to see this happen. You need to convert the Vers 20 program to Vers 30, save it. Next time you open it it will be in vers. 30

dmroeder gives the solution "Change Controller"

Your original V20 program will be retained, with a new name.