FactoryTalk View ME GOTO Display Bug

TheRooster

Hello all,

I was modifying an HMI in factory talk and went to change a go to display button using the ... to select from a list as I had done many times, unfortunately it froze the whole program. I have restarted my computer and tried multiple times. At first I thought it may be because I had upgraded the version of this program, but I tried it again on a brand new file and it still froze. Anyone seen something like this before?

1713662049040.png 1713662095264.png

After this post I realized I should probably go download the most recent patch, still the same issue.

I guess I'll make the switch to v14. Hopefully that solves it

I agree, this sounds like the dialog is opening off screen. It "freezes" because you can't get to the dialog to close it. Do this:

• Click the button to pick a display
  • Don't click anywhere else
  • Hold the Windows key down and press one of the left or right arrows a couple of times (while still holding WIN key)
  • This should bring the picker back to the main monitor

Thanks a lot! I am almost positive that's what it was because I just had the same window open half off a display in v14 and had to use the arrow keys to get it back.