Can Anyone Identify Where this Code may have come from?

Looks similar to what I have seen Chat GPT style apps generate for ladder. Bing has a habit of generating ladder with random coils and contacts with content in them like that, and also adding a couple extra symbols on occasion. I would think the student used a chat ai.

I tried to enter it for fun and got this.

I'd like to know what the prompt for this was so i can just enter it and see what it spits out.

You
create a ladder logic program for an allen bradley slc500 controller that controls a floodgate.Allow for a pushbutton to start the system, a pushbutton to stop the system, a level sensor for determining water level, a limit switch for the floodgate being open, and a pump motor.Make the system start and latch on when PB-start is pressed, and cut off the latch when PB-stopMake the system start the pump if the level falls below 13.2m and stop the pump if the level goes above 13.8monly allow the system to operate if the floodgate is closed and determine that the system is closed via the limit switch

Copilot
Certainly! Let’s create a ladder logic program for an Allen Bradley SLC500 controller that controls a floodgate. I’ll break down the requirements and provide a step-by-step solution:
  1. Inputs:
    • PB-Start: Pushbutton to start the system.
    • PB-Stop: Pushbutton to stop the system.
    • Level Sensor: Determines water level.
    • Limit Switch: Detects whether the floodgate is open or closed.
  2. Outputs:
    • Pump Motor: Controls the pump.
  3. System Behavior:
    • When PB-Start is pressed, the system should start and latch on.
    • When PB-Stop is pressed, the latch should be cut off.
    • The pump should start if the water level falls below 13.2 meters.
    • The pump should stop if the water level goes above 13.8 meters.
    • The system should only operate if the floodgate is closed (determined by the limit switch).
Here’s a ladder logic program to achieve this:
-- Start/Stop Logic --
|----[PB-Start]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----[/]----

at least OpenAI gives somewhat reasonable looking answers. Bing had an aneurism.

Give the student a failing grade. If there is a good explanation, they will come to you with it. I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it.

Re: This AI nonsense. The nearest I can get to workable code is Phind

I understand that it's ChatGPT related but way better suited to code generation. I actually had something work 😁

Re: This AI nonsense. The nearest I can get to workable code is Phind

I understand that it's ChatGPT related but way better suited to code generation. I actually had something work 😁
That's because text based coding can be copied and pasted exactly as it needs to work.

Nobody posts a ladder program in text form for the purpose of pasting into software and having it work. The AI is trying to make a ladder representation of it, but there are too many variations used online that people use to explain their problems, and it just can't form something coherent since there is no standard used by humans for a text/visual form outside of say rslogix 500.

AI is nothing more than a smart copycat at this point. It will spit out answers based on the most common response to the questions.