Call light voice annunciation cycling

No, I didn't use a FIFO.

I reset the pointer to 0 every scan then checked all the alarms and ended up with an array of all the active alarm codes (which did get entered in numerical order and the display scrolled through that order)

If an alarm went away (IE - a not latching warning that self clears) then that display would immediately drop out of the array and at the end the pointer would be one less.

This way it was one rung to 0 the pointer then one rung per condition checked. For the OP 21 lines to set the array.

The display was 1 rung if pointer=0, 1 if pointer =1 and if >1 then the timer, display pointer and display was 4 or 5 rungs
huh.

So let's say alarms 1, 2, 3, and 4 are active, and the display is announcing 4, i.e. the last of the four (I assume there is a separate index that steps through the current list). Now assume alarm 2 is acknowledged or cleared, and there are only 3, but the display index is still on 4.

Or 1, 2, and 3 are active, and the display is just finishing announcing 2 i.e. the second of the three, and 2 is acked/cleared but 5 goes into alarm, so the length is still 3 and the items are 1,3,5, and the display index jumps to alarm 5 in the third position, skipping alarm 3.

With alarms 1, 2, 3 & 4 there is a DIsplayPointer INT that to display alarm 4 would have to cycle up to the 4th array entry. That is separate from the alarms pointer.

If alarm 3 is cleared then it would immediately scroll 1, 2, 4

Here is the alarm ladder with a bunch of the alarm condition rungs removed.

This has been updated some so it might not follow line for line my first reply, but it is from that PLC

Attachments

• Alarm Cycling.zip
    11 KB · Views: 4
With alarms 1, 2, 3 & 4 there is a DIsplayPointer INT that to display alarm 4 would have to cycle up to the 4th array entry. That is separate from the alarms pointer.

If alarm 3 is cleared then it would immediately scroll 1, 2, 4

Here is the alarm ladder with a bunch of the alarm condition rungs removed.

This has been updated some so it might not follow line for line my first reply, but it is from that PLC
can't open, is this slc? can you print to pdf? at your convenience of course, this is only for my curiosity. thanks.

You could probably adapt this pretty easily to scroll through the recordings.
I will certainly give it a try. Ill be doing it in codesys, and as I have no experience with it, I'm not sure what will work and what wont, but with all these examples, I certainly have plenty of info to draw from. Thank you for your help and suggestions!