Batch file to add a value to a Registry Key

Ones_Zeros

Hello
I was needing some help to writing a batch file that will add a value of "1"
into a Windows "String Value" Registry key.

The registry location is
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
The key that i need to modify the value of is AutoAdminLogon this value
is "0" and I need the script to change this to a "1"

I have several field computers that I want to log on automatically and this would save me some time by setting up this batch file.

I have the other keys that I have exported from this registry location that i have made additions and I can add these by clicking the registry export file. It works fine.

If these could be included into the same batch file would be great but doesn't have to be. these keys are not already created as the batch file would have to create the key and then add the value to the key.

- DefaultPassword
- DefaultDomainName
- DefaultUserName

You can add all the values to one .reg file

It will update each key to match whatever you have in the file, and create the ones that don't exist.

Set one PC up the way you like, export the winlogon branch. and just remove the entries for whatever lines you don't want/need.

Is is best to export just the 4 registry keys that I need to add or modify or the winlogon branch? just curious.

I exported the 4 keys from one PC and imported them into a different pc and it worked but i got an error saying one of the keys was in use but it changed the AutoAdminLogon valve to "1" anyway.

thanks,