Mitsubishi Ming

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
Does anyone know of a package to read old Ming screens to allow for system upgrade?

Google came up empty so i am not holding out much hope

My god that takes me back, I would say no as mitsubishi now use & have used badged HMI/Scada packages for some time.
By the way I was one of the first people to use this even met the designer (it was still being developed then).
It's probably a bit like AFE that was an old dos system however they did do a windows version but mihg as far as I know never was so converting the graphics is probably more of a job than re-writing the whole thing.

Thanks
It is a dinosaur package for sure I can open the files in notepad and see tagnames but no plc addresses

I will play around with access and see if it recognises a db2 or similar format

Do you know if the dongle is HASP or whetever, it would be good to rig up a plc rack to try and clone the system but there is only have 1 dongle on a working machine.

ty for the reply

I suspect the dongle is not hasp as it was produced long before that, To be honest it was such a long time ago that I can't even remember much about it but I think I know somebody that did use it a number of times I will try to contact them.