Micrologix 1400

MikeStew

I'm online with the program, through Eth, already entered 3 lines of code. Fouth line of code and a pop-up says, "Program could not be compiled. Online edit error".

I browsed threads and found a pdf fix from Mickey in the CIP configuration. No luck. Called tech support, but they only had the same advice as the pdf I viewed earlier. Other than re-downloading the program from suspicion of corrupt files, what else is there? This happened after programming three lines of code... :confused:

Not everything for Mircologix can done online. Check the manual or like above do offline and try to download.

Can you post the program, with the "4th rung" that is causing the error.

The .RSS file, zip it first. Or a snap shot of it.

You are multiplying the value in "Source A N7:2" by a Constant value of "Source B 0.7" and storing the result in "Dest N7:7".

For "Source B" try using a Float addressed to a value of "0.7" instead of a Constant. "F8:7" is the next unused Float address in your attached program file. Assign it a value of "0.7" and it can replace your Constant.

Then see will that compile?

Regards,
George

You are multiplying the value in "Source A N7:2" by a Constant value of "Source B 0.7" and storing the result in "Dest N7:7".

For "Source B" try using a Float addressed to a value of "0.7" instead of a Constant. "F8:7" is the next unused Float address in your attached program file. Assign it a value of "0.7" and it can replace your Constant.

Then see will that compile?

Regards,
George

I was thinking something close to this but focused on the "Dest". I would try a floating Point address in the "Dest" to see what happens.
It seems like it should work with a integer but you would have to deal with the rounding issue.

HMM?

I had taken note of the potential rounding issue Mickey, but just wanted to see could we solve the Online Edit issue first. If we do, and our friend then realizes that what they are attempting does not yield expected results, because of rounding, then we can take it from there if they come back to us. They may be happy with the results. We'll have to wait and see on that front.

I have just tested the original "Source B Constant" method in an offline program for a MicroLogix 1400 and it also resulted in an error, as I expected, but a different error. I am getting...

Operand size does not match!

If I replace the Constant with a Float address of the same value it verifies OK.

The difference here is I am verifying a project offline so I get that particular error. If I do it online I expect I will get the same as MikeStew is getting...

Program could not be compiled. Online edit error

I'll try online now in a minute...

Test Results...

OK,

From an offline edit test this was the error when using the original operand assignments...
Offline_MUL_Constant_Error.bmp

From an online edit test this was the error while attempting the same operand assignments...
Online_MUL_Constant_Error.bmp

From an offline edit test this was a successful verify using the Float as a Constant...
Offline_MUL_Verify_Is_Completed_No_Errors_Found.bmp

From an online edit test this was a successful compile using the Float as a Constant...
Online_MUL_Entry_Is_Valid.bmp

I seem to recall something on this in the past. That is why I though of it. I'll have a go with my Knowledgebase Fu and see can I dig something up...

(MikeStew, I'm not forgetting your latest query!)...