How to Open Third Party APK(Like chrome or Any other software)From Factory Talk view HMI

Siraj

I am using Factory Talk view Machine Edition Runtime HMI. I want to configure on button in such way that when i press this button I want to GO-TO Any third party Local application window . And it should come front of HMI Screen.

Please Guide me.
Thankyou

Last edited:
HMIs that run FactoryTalk Machine Edition (known as Panelviews) run a modified version of Windows CE. They can't just run any 3rd party application. There are some software that can be run, but they have to be written for Windows CE, which I'm pretty sure Chrome isn't one of them. They for sure can't run APKs.

HMIs that run FactoryTalk Machine Edition (known as Panelviews) run a modified version of Windows CE. They can't just run any 3rd party application. There are some software that can be run, but they have to be written for Windows CE, which I'm pretty sure Chrome isn't one of them. They for sure can't run APKs.
There is the Windows application that launches the HMI. Can be used to run on any full-blood windows system.

I think what OP is trying to do will require VB Scripting. Which can provide access to launch external application . But scripting feature is only enable in Factory Talk Site Edition.

Quick google shows this :

Dim objShell
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
objShell.Run("""c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe""")
Set objShell = Nothing

Slap that to your button, just change the path to whatever application. Again, have to use FactoryTalk SE. but yeah.

There is the Windows application that launches the HMI. Can be used to run on any full-blood windows system.

I think what OP is trying to do will require VB Scripting. Which can provide access to launch external application . But scripting feature is only enable in Factory Talk Site Edition.

Quick google shows this :

Dim objShell
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
objShell.Run("""c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe""")
Set objShell = Nothing

Slap that to your button, just change the path to whatever application. Again, have to use FactoryTalk SE. but yeah.
This seems like it has some good info

How To: Run Ignition on a PanelView Plus 6 | Inductive Automation