Which appropriate equipment should I use to get water level signal at PLC?

Hi,

I have installed the WIKA A-10 to obtain the water level signal, and so far, it has been working fine without any problems. Let's see how it performs in the long run.

Problem: the range of the pressure transmitter is quite high considering that the actual level range is only 1 meter of water. Page 2 of the Wika A-10 spec sheet at this link
https://webapps.wika.com/apps/literature/pdf/F015_A10_0309.pdf
shows the lowest available pressure range as 0-15PSIG or approx 10.5 meters water column.

So you're measuring the 1m (wc) of hydrostatic (plus any hydrodynamic pressure from the agitator) with a 10.5m (wc) range using only ~10% of the range of the transmitter.

Maybe there's another model Wika that has a lower range? Pressures in this range are frequently measured with a DP transmitter.

Any pressure transmitter should be isolated from the hot liquid with a dead-headed impulse tube. Being dead-headed, with no flow through it, it will drop a lot of heat and keep the transmitter in a survivable temperature range.

Problem: the range of the pressure transmitter is quite high considering that the actual level range is only 1 meter of water. Page 2 of the Wika A-10 spec sheet at this link
https://webapps.wika.com/apps/literature/pdf/F015_A10_0309.pdf
shows the lowest available pressure range as 0-15PSIG or approx 10.5 meters water column.

So you're measuring the 1m (wc) of hydrostatic (plus any hydrodynamic pressure from the agitator) with a 10.5m (wc) range using only ~10% of the range of the transmitter.

Maybe there's another model Wika that has a lower range? Pressures in this range are frequently measured with a DP transmitter.

Any pressure transmitter should be isolated from the hot liquid with a dead-headed impulse tube. Being dead-headed, with no flow through it, it will drop a lot of heat and keep the transmitter in a survivable temperature range.
Hi;

I have installed Wika A-10, with range 0-100mbar.