USB-C to Serial Adapter

It will probably be easier to buy a short USB-A > USB-C cable. As for the serial adapter, I prefer to get mine from one of our own...

Unfortunately I've tried that with 3 separate USB-A to USB-C adapters and having issues. Have a co-worker that can use the same USB-A to serial adapter without issue however my laptop only has USB-C so I'm having to go USB-C to USB-A to Serial.

Unfortunately I've tried that with 3 separate USB-A to USB-C adapters and having issues. Have a co-worker that can use the same USB-A to serial adapter without issue however my laptop only has USB-C so I'm having to go USB-C to USB-A to Serial.
I will bet a decent amount of money that the A > C is not the issue, but either a driver for your USB-Serial adapter, or RSLinx configuration. My laptop only has USB-C, I use a A-C adapter in between all the time.

Have you checked the device manager when you plug the adapter in?

I will bet a decent amount of money that the A > C is not the issue, but either a driver for your USB-Serial adapter, or RSLinx configuration. My laptop only has USB-C, I use a A-C adapter in between all the time.

Have you checked the device manager when you plug the adapter in?
Yes. I have checked device manager, made sure all the adapters have the latest drivers installed on the laptop, and made sure my laptop has the latest USB drivers. I'm going USB-C to USB-A adapter, USB-A to Serial adapter, to AB 1756-CP3

Yeah, I agree with @dmroeder, The C to A is usually not the issue for these types of problems. What serial adapter do you have?
As already stated from @dmroeder, I would HIGHLY recommend an adapter from plccable.com.

The 1756-CP3 is a cable, what adapter are you using and what device (specific models) are you connecting to?

I have had great success using the regular style usb version of this. its also very nice to have two available db9.