SLC5/05 Doesn't Support MSG Instruction

Aabeck

I am updating a panel with a 5/03 and a NET/IP and want to change it to a 5/05 (which will leave me with a NET/IP).

I figured it would be a simple matter of changing the controller properties to a 5/05 (1747-L552C, 32K Mem, OS501 Ser C FRN 9) but as soon as the data tables are resized (which equals no changes) I get 4 errors that the MSG instruction is not valid for this CPU.

I have tried all 12 of the 5/05's that RSL500 Ver9.0 has to choose from and all 12 report that that 5/05 can't MSG. The odd part is I have the exact same 5/05 CPU in a test rack that is messaging perfectly. And this is happening before I try to download the file to a 5/05, or even go online with it.

Has anybody ever come across this, and hopefully know a fix?

Capture.jpg

The control block for an Ethernet message needs to hold more information than the control block for a DF1 or DH485 or DH+ message, so each one needs 51 words of memory instead of 14.

You will have to create some new integer data files and re-adress each MSG instruction for an appropriate data table address so each one gets the control block room it needs.

Thanks guys.

Maybe it's a "Hard Question" but why did RSL say the MSG was an invalid instruction and not the control blocks were overlapping?

I have done online edits on a line with a MSG and when I verify it always shows the error the control blocks are overlapping, as there are now 2 lines with a MSG using the same control block until the edit is assembled.