Simadyn-D Struc G/L Programming manual

SysIntegrator

Hey Guys,

I know I'm reaching out there, but right now I'm working on a project with some older Simadyn-D controllers. I'm viewing the existing PLC program with StrucView, but unfortunately I don't know what many of the blocks do. I've been scouring the internet for the last few days looking for a programming manual but have come up with nothing. Anyone have access to a PDF manual or a link?

Thanks!
-Nate

Thanks, I hadn't found that document yet. It does have an explanation of some of most the blocks I'm looking at, but I think it's still for the D7-SYS programming language and not the original Struc G/L language.

Also, if anyone is familiar with StrucViewer, is there a way to look at anything other than just code? Specifically, I'd like to look at all the data block/memory structures and a symbol list. The only other thin I found was the rack layout if you double click on the project title.

Ha, it wouldn't be hard to guess, once you get into the realm of rare obsolete controllers the world shrinks pretty quick.

Yeah, I've been digging around the Siemens forum, the closest I came was a company called sppaview which looks like a Siemens distributor but I need an account with them. I've also contacted Siemens direct, but it looks like I have to pay for mature product support, so that seems to be my only avenue. I'm just surprised, I didn't think the Simadyn D line was that rare that there would be no documentation at all online.

Also, you know where I used to work, I have since moved from Charleston back to the snowy North. I'd see enough old German controllers that nobody ever heard of, and here I am looking at Simadyn D. :rolleyes:

It's not a rare product but finding electronic copies of the manuals is.
Come on now, if you have been around that long especially using Siemens products ... You should be a Simadyn D expert :)

In paper and metals industry - this is what was used

Well, in this case, not rare. Just old, with surprisingly little literature. And surprisingly, outside of Step 7 I've got very little Siemens experience. I am, however, qualified to curate a museum of Bosch controllers.