Maintaining variable values through shutdown (HC900)

mike.s

I'm upgrading an existing machine with a Honeywell HC900 controller, and I'm trying to do some data processing in the controller. I have variables updating within the scan, and I'm worried about how to maintain those values through a reset of the controller. What is the best way to make sure that certain variables retain their values after the controller regains power?

Analog variables will always be reset to their initial values? Signal tag/block output values will be erased? Is there any way to do this (besides writing to an SD card on every scan?)

Similar Topics

Scenario: client has a non-redundant L81E controller with one Ethernet connected remote chassis. Several spare slots are available. By contract...
Replies
Views
Is there a proper procedure to downloading an updated program to a PLC while maintaining the existing tag values? Specifically, I need to add two...
Replies
Views
I need to increase a servo motor's ability to hold a load in place when work is being performed against it. This project is in a metal forming...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to get some opinions on how to best approach a long-term project I'm going to embark on. I'm taking on a project...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I am working on a program and I am having an issue with an OTE instruction. When the subroutine is called and the rung is true...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom