"Invalid Pointer" error when opening Studio 5000

jamese336

I am continuously receiving an "invalid pointer" error when attempting to open any project file in Studio 5000. This is without being online with a plc. I currently have versions 28 and 32 installed.

Knowledgebase article BF15570 describes several possible solutions. Unfortunately, the solutions to fix their broken software is TechConnect level, which means it's behind the paywall.

You could try holding CTRL+SHIFT while opening the software to reset the user preferences. Or in Add/Remove programs, repair v32.

I am continuously receiving an "invalid pointer" error when attempting to open any project file in Studio 5000. This is without being online with a plc. I currently have versions 28 and 32 installed.
Did you find a solution to this problem? We have the same problem on two PCs

We were getting this error after we installed Factory Talk Activation Manager V5.01.
The install upgraded Factory Talk Diagnostics to V6.30 but it doesn't upgrade Factory Talk Services Platform.
Once we upgraded Factory Talk Services Platform to V6.30 we didn't get the "Invalid Pointer" error.

We were getting this error after we installed Factory Talk Activation Manager V5.01.
The install upgraded Factory Talk Diagnostics to V6.30 but it doesn't upgrade Factory Talk Services Platform.
Once we upgraded Factory Talk Services Platform to V6.30 we didn't get the "Invalid Pointer" error.
How is one able to get the upgrade for the services platform?