simulating cp341

Hi yantrak.

In the latest version of PLCSIM, you can run multiple instances of PLCSIM (i.e. several simulated CPU's), and they can communicate between each other.
This FAQ tells you about it:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/38726591

Notice that it is only these blocks that are supported:
SFB8 "USEND"
SFB9 "URCV"
SFB12 "BSEND"
SFB13 "BRCV"
SFB15 "PUT"
SFB14 "GET"
SFB19 "START"
SFB 20 "STOP"
SFB 22 "STATUS"
SFB 23 "USTATUS"

AG_SEND/AG_RECV are NOT supported.

I'm trying to get this sample project using SFB12/13 to work with PLCSim (V5.4 SP3) but not having much luck. Status on both FB12/13 is 1 (Communications problems) Do you know the reason why this might be and how I can get round it?
Cheers,

Last edited:
Have you downloaded the configured connections from NetPro to both PLCSIM CPUs ?
Hi Jesper!
Thanks for the reply, yes I did download configurations with NetPro.

The sequence I'm doing is as follows:

Open project and switch on PLCSim
Download project of first PLC
Create a new PLC in PLCSim
Download project of second PLC
Open Netpro and Download to selected and partner stations.

I dont know what goes wrong exactly, but as an experiment, try to make a PUT in stead of BSEND + BRECV.
PUT writes to the target without the target having to do anything. That will tell you if it the connection between the two CPU is OK.

I just notice now that it is the SFB's, not the FB's, that are listed. The SFB's only work on S7-400 CPU's, and in the FAQ is also just shown S7-400 CPU's.
So possibly it only works with simulated S7-400 CPU's despite that they dont say it explicitly.

Hmm..I tried to simulate two cpu but without success...Could be so kind and point me to or provide here some sample project that works with plcsim.Thanks a lot. J