Proximity Switch to PLC Input

narcilla

General PLC Connectivity Question:

If I connect a 2-wire 120VAC proximity switch that says it minimum load current is 3mA to a PLC input (1771-IAN) that says it max off state current is 2.3mA, will the operation of the proxi switch and consequently the PLC input be guaranteed?

If remembered correctly, I read somewhere in the Rockwell KB (BEFORE TechConnect) regarding a load resistor being connected in parallel with the input circuit to deal with this issue. Anybody has experience with this? Thanks.

Similar Topics

I have been given the task to buy a LG PLC, about 20 I/O, I need to wire some proximity switches up to the inputs, I need to use the inbuilt 24v...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First, thank you for reading the thread. So I had a task as the following: An up-counter must be programmed as part of a batch-counting...
Replies
Views
Dear My Friend I needs help to measuring motor speed by using Proximity switch and Serrated disc with 14 convexity Thats mean I will have 1...
Replies
Views
I have a Direct Logic 05 series D0-05DR-D PLC. I need it to sound an alarm to the machine operator if a rotating shaft stalls. This is my first...
Replies
Views
I am working on a plc system that works with conveyor belt and nematic press as outputs and 2 reed switches on the air cylinder and a proximity...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom