GE Fanus Series 6 PLC convert to ControlLogix

I am replacing older GE series 6 PLC with ControlLogix. I have over 2000 rungs of ladder logic to convert! o_O
Is there a converting software out there that anyone has knowledge of or have used? I hate to spend spend the rest of this year fat-fingering it!! :sleep:

Start typing. There are no conversion programs and if there was the differences are too great for a CL5000 to work to its potential on a direct conversion.
Regards Alan

If you were converting to the GE Fanuc RX3i there is a utility that will convert *most* of it. You would need to hire GE Fanuc personell to run it for you.

Alan's right.

But before you start typing, how well do you know the Series Six?

Can you recognize the routines for reading analog input modules and writing to analog output modules?

Do you realize that not all A SUBX B = C instructions are being used to subtract B from A?

Are you aware of the mapping of registers to auxiliary inputs and outputs?

If you don't understand why I'm asking these questions (and there are others equally important that I didn't ask), you might want to consider calling in someone with Series Six experience to review your program prior to translating.

A literal function-for-function translation might produce unexpected results.

Steve Bailey said:
If you don't understand why I'm asking these questions (and there are others equally important that I didn't ask), you might want to consider calling in someone with Series Six experience to review your program prior to translating.

Touting for business Steve? :ROFLMAO:

Paul

P.S sorry, I couldn't resist it.