auto configure in RSLOgix 5000

gakpapa

hi all

if we wanna make a new program using RSLogix 500, we can do an auto configure for the module that has been connected to our laptop by clicking "read I/O config." button, right?

can we also do an auto configuration for I/O module using RS logix 5000?

i really appreciate ur helps

warmest regards
ruri

The 5000 does not currently support an "Auto-Config" or "Read I/O Config" as the SLC 500 system does.

There are various reasons why, I'll list two.....

1. The modules in the 5000 system are "smarter" and need to be configured unlike most SLC 500 modules which require little to no configuration.
  2. It is possible to have more than one controller in the same chassis. So some modules might belong to one controller, and some other modules might belong to a different controller. What's more, some modules mightt belong to BOTH controllers.
OG

gakpapa said:
so, the one and only way to do the I/O configuration is one by one, yes?

ok
thx for the answer
:)

The I/O configuration can be done all at once in the program. You're not restricted to doing one at a time. Also, a module can exist in the rack and the CPU does NOT have to be configured to see it either (unlike a SLC rack configuration where all slots have to be correctly identified unless the slot is inhibited/disabled in the status table).

yes, i prefer configuring each module individually in the rack even on the RS Logix 5 and 500. it gives me more of an overview of what i am working with. even if i know already. personal preference for me.

One reason there is no auto-configure for RSL5000, is that not all I/O modules in a rack need to be configured (Example: Communications modules that are not involved in I/O Scans), and some modules might not even be owned by the processor(s) in the rack.

Yes, Processors. You can put multiple 5000 series processors in a single rack, and either (or none) or for listen-only mode both can be connected to the individual I/O modules. For that matter, a remote processor, in another rack entirely, might own one of the local I/O modules.