help with Concept V2.2

stargazerff

Hello,
I'm new here and glad to be coming onboard.
Anyone here have experience with Concept V2.2?
I attended a class on PLC's and they gave each of us a demo version of this software.
In class, we used Proworx NXT. Never got to go through this package. The documentation isn't helpful either.
I want to program a TON (on-delay timer).
The question is, how do you set the parameter PT to what ever time you want?
I noticed that I can't preset counters as well, so I figure the way to do it is the same.
The simulated plc is a TSX Compact PC-E984-265
Any help would be appreciated.
Ralph

RE:Concept help

Hello Rick,
Thanks for your reply.
I saw that in the docs, but where do you enter that information? The advanced box for the timer that shows all the parameters is grayed out. You can look at them but not change them. Where do you go to change PT?
Again, thanks for the reply.
Ralph

Are you trying to change the PT while the simulator is running?

To make any chnages to PT, you "double click" on the input pin and then make a choice.

To allow the value to be changed, you need to chose Variable and then declare an unlocated (not accesible to the outside world) or a located (available to an HMI) variable. This will allow you to use the Reference Data Editor to change the PT value while on-line.

If you are trying to fix the value permanently, then chose Literal.

That got it!

Thanks to Rick and Jim !
That is what it was. Funny, I don't remember reading that anywhere, but now that I know, I'm going back through the docs and see where I missed it.
Again, I appreciate the prompt replies. Without your responses I might have not got the timer to work.
Ralph