tracking tags by scan in logix5000

robbm2k

is there somewhere in logix5000 to track/record tags for a short time to see what is going on with a tag that i might not be able to see on my own if it changes for a single scan? Found the trends feature, just want to confirm if that is the best option.

Last edited:
you can set a bit to be ON on every scan, with that bit you save your tag value, on next scan compare new value to old value if different then save new value and enter this new value to a fifo . If new value is the same as old value no change to the fifo.
The only problem is that your fifo must be big enough in order to save lots of values in case tag value changes continuously.
Trending is not a bad idea the problem is that the trigger is SLOWER than scan time, and may be you lost some values changed while waiting for next trigger.